We’re pleased to offer more detailed recipe ideas for our friends and followers to enjoy. These recipes have been developed and tested by us here at Jules + Kent Food Group and all feature products the products you’ll find on this website. Use our products to prepare these recipes for the everyday or special occasions you share with your family, friends and work colleagues. Initially we’re focused on developing recipes for specific events. We will be updating these recipes frequently, and would always love to hear suggestions from our users. If you’ve used our products and developed a recipe you love, we’d be pleased to also share your recipe. Send us a recipe suggestion today!
Mother’s Day Recipes
To all our friends who are looking for something special to do for Mother’s Day this weekend. Please enjoy these recipes, perfect for any Mother’s Day treat!
Tomato Chutney Dip
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of Jules + Kent Tomato Chutney
- Combine both sour cream and tomato chutney in a bowl.
- Use a spoon to mix, until preferred consistancy.
Serve with fresh cut vegetables, crackers and bread sticks. A great appetizer!
Mango Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of Umi’s Kitchen Mango Chutney
- 2 tbsp of water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth
Serve with your choice of salad. This dressing goes great with everything, but we especially love a nice spinach salad with avocado and pecans! Yum.
Mexican Chicken & Vegetable Casserole
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 small, or 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 1 jar of Jules + Kent Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1/2 cup of grated monterey jack cheese
- In a small bowl grate 1 clove of garlic and make a paste by adding cumin, chili powder, vinegar and 1 tbsp of oil
- Coat the chicken thighs with the spice mixture and grill or bake until cooked through
- While chicken is cooking, sautee onion and remaining 2 cloves of garlic, in remaining vegetable oil
- Add zucchini and salsa to onion pan, and summer for 10-15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender
- Combine chicken and zucchini mixture in an over proof dish, and sprinkle with moterey jack cheese
- Broil casserole under a preheated broiler for 1 minute, or until cheese is bubbling.
Serve with your choice of rice, or just enjoy the casserole solo! Mom is going to love it.
Earth Day Recipe
Cauliflower and Chick Peas with Jeera Sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 540 ml can of chick peas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 jar of Umi’s Kitchen Jeera Sauce
Steps to Heaven…
- Roast or steam cauliflower until tender
- Sauté onion on medium heat
- Add cauliflower, chick peas and jeera sauce to onions in pan. Let simmer for 10 minutes
Serve over rice and enjoy!